TAKING THE PLUNGE:
PREPARING FOR YOUR FIRST NATURIST EXPERIENCE
- Do your homework! Learn about naturist clubs, nude beaches and other destinations in your area and determine which one would be best for your first-time experience.
- Consider that some women prefer the added security of a club when experiencing naturism for their first time.
- Call ahead! If planning a visit to a club, ask if they offer specialized assistance for first- time naturists, including orientation and tours. You might also want to inquire about special times of the week when a club might be less crowded or when the male to fe- male ratio would likely be more proportionate.
- Bring a friend! Consider taking a friend for support, preferably someone who is familiar with naturism.
Familiarize yourself with naturist etiquette, including:
- Always drape a towel over anything you will sit on.
- Avoid staring at others.
- Never comment on anyone’s physical appearance.
- Never take pictures of anyone without their permission.
- Also, be aware of any other rules or policies of a particular club.
- Know what to pack! This includes basics such as towels, water, sunblock and snacks. You might also consider a sunhat, as well as sandals or other practical footwear.
- Finally, remember the basic principles of naturism: respect for one’s self, respect for others and respect for the environment.